The Google Invoice Parser Service makes use of pre-trained Invoice models to extract Key-Value Pairs of invoice-related data making use of Google Documents AI. The processing of invoices returns typical information found on invoices, such as Subtotal, Vat, Total, and Date. The service also extracts individual line items from the invoice and is presented in table format.
No custom training of a Google Invoice Parser Service is required. The service utilizes internal pre-built invoice models when trying to extract information from Invoice Documents.
- Extracting invoice-related data.
- Extracting individual line items that may appear on an invoice.
- Open the Project Detail View of the project you would like to add the service to.
- Click on the Add Service button in the command bar.
Select Google Invoice Parser Service from the available Service Types.
- A new Service Configuration Wizard will open:
(When navigating the Wizard, please make sure to use the Next Step button in the command bar to save any changes made).
- Step 1 - Allows configuration of various service settings, including the name and description. The default settings are sufficient for most use cases.
- Step 2 - Allows adding User Defined Categories to train the service on.
- Step 3 - Verification of any documents that have been processed.
- Step 4 - The Definition Document should be created after the Service has been trained successfully.
- Click on the Complete button in the command bar to validate your service configuration and close the wizard.
The Google Invoice Parser Service can be configured by the user as a flexible solution. The following Settings are available:
|ArchivingStrategy||Optional||Days before documents get deleted.|
|BatchSize||Hidden||Processing batch size.|
|DocumentProcessedStatus||Optional||Document status used to denote that a document has been processed.|
|Enabled||Hidden||Enable or disable the service.|
|EnableTableDetection||Optional||Specifies whether the service should save any tables detected by the MS Form Recognizer API call.|
|ExecuteBeforeProcess||When set up as a child service, specify whether this service should be executed before the parent service gets executed.|
|ExecuteAfterProcess||When set up as a child service, specify whether this service should be executed after the parent service gets executed.|
|Password||Optional||Used for service authentication. Custom Code can be used to set the password. Can be set per document.|
|RemoveComments||Optional||Remove human comments from a document.|
|WorkflowAlgorithm||Required||Algorithm used for assigning users for verification for workflow item.|
|WorkflowCategory||Optional||Trigger Workflow for all documents in this category (category ID).|
|WorkflowDocument||Required||Enable document workflow for this service.|
|WorkflowShred||Required||Enable document shred workflow for this service.|
|WorkflowGracePeriod||Required||Grace period before a workflow item gets escalated.|
- In the Google Invoice Parser Service click on Inbox button.
- Select the Status you want to upload and use Status None or Received for new documents that have not been processed yet.
- Select an optional category if you know the category for the document, if you don’t want to select one just click on “No selection”.
- Find the files on your Local machine and upload them. The demo’s test files can be found at the following link: Click here
- After all the documents have been uploaded you can check the documents to be processed, click on Processed Checked to process the documents.
It is recommended to only process a few documents at a time, especially if it is a new service to properly test if you receive the results you want before processing everything.
- In the Google Invoice Parser Service click on Outbox button.
- You can view the Processing results by opening a processed doc for verification.