The Custom Script Rule provides a means to write Custom Script Code for a specific field on a document. The script is executed after the value has been extracted by the OCR Service.
Custom Script Code can be added to a Service as an independent Utility, or it can be applied to individual fields on a document. When applying Custom Code Rule to a field, the Custom Logic can be used to manipulate the extracted OCR value. The use cases for applying Custom Code to a field includes:
- Custom manipulation of individual Parameter values.
- Creating additional custom Parameters.
- Updating Parameter values or confidences on other documents.
- Creating and updating Custom Datasets (refer to Custom Datasets).
- Any required Custom Logic which cannot be implemented by any of the other Rules Engine Rule Types.
The following languages are available for selection when writing Custom Code:
- Visual Basic
The language can be selected form the Code Language dropdown box. Refer to BaseModule for the available exposed methods that can be used in Custom Code.
For a detailed walkthrough of a practical example of Custom Code, please refer to Credit Application Process: Accept or Reject the Application.