The Microsoft Speech-to-Text Service can quickly and accurately transcribe audio to text in more than 30 languages. Customize models to enhance accuracy for domain-specific terminology.
- Extracting Music lyrics from a song.
- Create meeting notes based on recorded audio.
- Open the Project Detail View of the project you would like to add the service to.
- Click on the Add Service button in the command bar.
Select Microsoft Speech-to-Text Service from the available Service Types.
A new Service Configuration Wizard will open:
(When navigating the Wizard, please make sure to use the Next Step button in the command bar to save any changes made).
- Step 1 - Allows configuration of various service settings, including the name and description. The default settings are sufficient for most use cases.
- Step 2 - Verification of any documents that have been processed.
The Microsoft Speech-to-Text Service can be configured by the user as a flexible solution. The following Settings are available:
|ArchivingStrategy||Optional||Days before documents get deleted.|
|AccessKey||Optional||Override the Access Key to the configured Microsoft cloud service.|
|BaseURL||Optional||Override the URL to the configured Microsoft cloud service.|
|BatchSize||Hidden||Processing batch size.|
|DocumentProcessedStatus||Optional||Document status used to denote that a document has been processed.|
|Enabled||Hidden||Enable or disable the service.|
|ExecuteBeforeProcess||When set up as a child service, specify whether this service should be executed before the parent service gets executed.|
|ExecuteAfterProcess||When set up as a child service, specify whether this service should be executed after the parent service gets executed.|
|Password||Optional||Used for service authentication. Custom Code can be used to set the password. Can be set per document.|
|RemoveComments||Optional||Remove human comments from a document.|
- In the Microsoft Speech-to-Text Service click on the Inbox button.
- Select the Status you want to upload and use Status None or Received for new documents that have not been processed yet.
- Select an optional category if you know the category for the document, if you don’t want to select one just click on “No selection”.
- Find the files on your Local machine and upload them. The demos test files can be found at the following link: Click here.
- After all the documents have been uploaded you can check the documents to be processed, click on Processed Checked to process the documents.
It is recommended to only process a few documents at a time, especially if it is a new service to properly test if you receive the results you want before processing everything.
- In the Microsoft Speech-to-Text Service click on the Outbox button.
- You can view the Processing results by opening a processed doc for verification.